The Institute of Classical Five-Element Acupuncture Inc.
The Institute of Taoist Education & Acupuncture Inc.
A Graduate Level Seminar
Neil R. Gumenick, M.Ac. (UK), L.Ac., Dipl. Ac.(NCCAOM), PDA provider NCCAOM
CA CEU provider #231
Hillary Skellon, M.Ac (UK), Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM), PDA provider NCCAOM
This weekend course will feature the following:
- Clinical - Patients with unusual or challenging case histories examined and treated in class
- Diagnosis and Treatment - All aspects of patient interaction will be discussed in detail, including the diagnosed Element and Official, rapport, where odor, color, sound, and emotion were best observed, pulses, the treatment plan, point location, spirits of the points, the treatment outcome, and future treatment strategy
- Pulses - Feedback and suggestions for improved pulse taking
- Point Location - Uncommonly used points
- Q & A - Opportunity for practitioners to ask questions on past patient case histories and developing as a practitioner.
For all practitioners of CF-EA.
Practitioners of other styles of acupuncture are welcome to attend, with the understanding that this is not an introductory seminar
Next Seminar Dates TBA
Neil R. Gumenick is Founder and Director of The Institute of Classical Five-Element Acupuncture. He has maintained a private practice in Santa Monica, CA since 1981 and has served as a Professor at Yo San University, SAMRA University, and Emperor's College. Neil holds three degrees and an advanced teaching credential from The College of Traditional Acupuncture (UK) awarded by the late Professor J.R. Worsley. He was recipient of the 2007 AAAOM Pioneers and Leaders in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Award, and is one of the world's foremost practitioners, teachers, and writers on the subject of Classical Five-Element Acupuncture with over 70 articles featured in Acupuncture Today.
Hilary Skellon is President of The Institute of Taoist Education and Acupuncture in Colorado, having moved to the US from England in 1999. Daughter of the late JR Worsley, she has been on the faculty of the College of Traditional Chinese Acupuncture in Leamington Spa England, the Worsley Institute of Classical Acupuncture in Florida, the School of Five Element Acupuncture and the London Institute of Five Element Acupuncture in London, England. She earned her Lic.Ac, B.Ac and M.Ac degrees with JR at CTA, and was part of the MAP program for 19 years.